Certified Global Business Analyst (CGBA) Program
The CGBA qualification is tailored to senior managers who have degrees or professional qualifications in all business fields (marketing, management, finance, banking, accounting etc.). ICMA has recognized that there are senior managers who are not interested in becoming accountants. As such it has introduced a new certified qualification; the Certified Global Business Analyst (CGBA)® for those interested in finance and business analysis, but not interested in continuing further to become CMAs. To obtain the Certified Global Business Analyst (CGBA) professional qualification, participants undertake only the Strategic Business Analysis (SBA) module of the CMA preparatory program. It is open for those who have a degree or professional qualification in any business discipline (both accounting and non-accounting). Non-business degree holders and professionals also are eligible if they have over 5-years of business experience. A participant must have at least 5-years of senior business experience to enroll in program. The assessments done are the case studies within the Strategic Business Analysis course module.
The Objectives of CGBA Certification
- Provide specialization-level knowledge to accountants and financially motivated general managers in the interface areas between strategic finance and the other business functions.
- Enables participants to apply the basic conventions and doctrines of business analysis and other generally accepted managerial principles, in order to strategically analyze business situations across the various functions of a business organisation.
- Establish an objective measure of participants’ knowledge and competence in business analysis.
B.Com / BBA / or any Bachelor Degree in Business or Accounting + 5 years’ professional Experience
Who Should Attend CGBA Program
- Business Analysts
- Industrial and Services Accountants
- Financial Analysts
- Financial Controllers
- Any senior staff responsible for the provision of decision information in their organisation (with or without accounting/finance qualifications)
3Course Learning Outcomes
- Recognize the basic conventions and doctrines of strategic business analysis.
- Identify major contemporary issues that have emerged in strategic business analysis.
- Discuss a number of issues relating to the interface areas between strategic finance and the other business functions.